interception of put

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Tue Jun 17 08:11:35 EDT 2008

is there a way to intercept "put" command? For example there is a group
"myGroup" having fields "F1" and "F2". What I would like to do is to put
"something1" or "something2" into group "myGroup" and have script that
would sort out "something1" going into field "F1" and "something2" into
field "F2".

I could create a handler putIntoMyGroup "somethingX" and use it, but
what I would like to do is to use simple "put" and to avoid adding any
new function names, so that the group behaves like an independent object
with properties of objects (fields, buttons, menus) that it holds and
its script sorts out where all the set/get properties and put "things"
are redirected to. Is it possible somehow to intercept a "put" into
group "myGroup" with setProp/getProp control structure ?

And, what's more to this, is there a way to define group with new name
so i could address group "myGroup" as myObject "myGroup"?

All the best :-)!
Viktoras