How to select a cell instead of a line in a table

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Mon Jun 16 22:17:30 EDT 2008

It looks like you cannot select the text by its item number.

Here is some code that will select, copy and paste the text
of the cell you clicked on.  Add it near the bottom where the
ask dialog comes up showing the info of the cell you clicked
on in the field.

             put line n of startRange into startSelection
             put line n of endRange -1 into endSelection
              select char startSelection to endSelection of target
              copy
              select text of fld id 1012 --this was a field I added
for testing so put your field here
              paste

Check out SELECT in Rev to see how it is used in other ways
to help you paste it properly. It can have BEFORE, AFTER etc.

-=>JB<=-