Script sequence

Hershel Fisch hershf at rgllc.us
Fri Jun 13 13:20:17 EDT 2008

On 6/12/08 9:56 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Hershel Fisch <hershf at rgllc.us> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all I'm if it is possibel that the sequence doesn't always go in order?
>> Meaning
>

> I may not understand your problem correctly, but part of the problem may be
> that you are trying to change the contents of your menu after it is already
> open and displayed.
 I don¹t see a problem with this..

on mouseDown
  put  fld  "fi" of card the short name of the target of stack "drop_down" &
return & return & "Edit" into  me
end mouseDown

It displays very good, the problem is when an item in the drop down is
selected to use as the label. According my understanding it should set the
label then continue with the script and in fact its the other way around.

> I don't know if Rev can do that. If possible, change
> your mouseDown handler to mouseEnter, I know this works as I use it all the
> time to update option button contents before I use them.
I need  to do a calculate upon the result of the selected option. And even
more then that is that when the label gets set it set very slow.
Thanks, Hershel

>> on menuPick pWhich
>>  if pWhich = "edit" then
>>    go to  card the short name of the target of stack "drop_down"
>>    exit menuPick
>>  end if
>>  put the short name of me into tN
>>  wait for 1 millisec
As well the "wait for 1 millisec I put in as above is it should display
nicely, it shouldn't look like some slow motion typing.
>>  --set the myText of fld tN to pWhich
>>  hDoCloseFld tN
>> end menuPick
>>

> Also, if you want to set myText of fld tN to pWhich, why not send it as a
> parameter?
I remember having some trouble with that. I just don't remember now exactly
what the problem was.

> hDoClosedFld tN,pWhich

> on mouseEnter
> put  fld  "fi" of card the short name of the target of stack "drop_down" &
> return & return & "Edit" into  me
> end mouseEnter

> on hDoCloseFld tn,pWhich
> put pWhich into fld tN