Script sequence

Hershel Fisch hershf at rgllc.us
Thu Jun 12 18:23:46 EDT 2008

Hi, all I'm if it is possibel that the sequence doesn't always go in order?
Meaning e.g.
In a menu if I put a script as below the label doesn't get set till the
whole script isn't finished. I would understand that first the label should
get its text and then the script should continue.
Another instance, I have a stack with fields that gets filled with data from
a database (repeat put) (with an preOpenCard) and in the first field there
is an "onOpenField" to a popUp button which pops before the fields get
filled, only after I continue with the popUp button then the fields fill up.
Also very interesting is that when I go from one stack to this smaller stack
With the fields filling up, the popUp, pops at Loc (put loc of me into tL)
is according the starting stack and not the target stack.
 Very interesting.
Thank in advanced

on menuPick pWhich
  if pWhich = "edit" then
    go to  card the short name of the target of stack "drop_down"
    exit menuPick
  end if
  put the short name of me into tN
  wait for 1 millisec
  --set the myText of fld tN to pWhich
  hDoCloseFld tN
end menuPick

on mouseDown
  put  fld  "fi" of card the short name of the target of stack "drop_down" &
return & return & "Edit" into  me
end mouseDown

on hDoCloseFld tn
  put the label of btn tN into fld tN