how to uniencode text for VCard v. 3.0? [2]

Hugh Senior FlexibleLearning at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 16:14:44 EDT 2008

> To avoid converting the entire string to UTF8 (when it's only accented
> chars
> that need it), what I have done is store the decimal/UTF8/Hex character
> equivalents in a customproperty, then run each element value through this
> encoder... [snip]

Quite a few people on and off list have requested the useful char-set
equivalents for decimal, Hex and UTF8. I have sent a reduced set of the
common characters to all who requested, but you will find the complete
char-set (from 0 to 9830) in the Scripter's Scrapbook that also includes the
Print-Char, Octal, Raw, HTML-Entity and Description equivalents, along with
a couple of useful web references... See CharSet: Latin-1.

The Scripter's Scrapbook is free for 30 days (licence fee is modest
thereafter for continued use) and is available at www.ssBk.co.uk

/H