Interface question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 11 19:39:39 EDT 2008

> I have two print layouts, "detail" and "list", and the user needs to be
> able to print data using the layout of their choice. I can think of
> three ways to allow this:

Will there only ever be two print choices? Because if it might go to 3, 4 or
more, I'd suggest something like a "Print..." menu item that goes to a
"waystation" dialog with a list field (or the equivalent) that would let
them pick from the kind of printout they want, and might even optionally
display a thumbnail of the output template so they can make an informed
choice.

Also, are they "in" one of these views in the interface when they go to
choose the printing options? If so, perhaps this could just say "Print..."
(to print the current view) and "Print <the other view>..."

Just a few thoughts...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com