where does "put URL.." stores temp data

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:31:42 EDT 2008

> i´ve created a little app for a customer. This app runs under windows xp and downloads a specific file, which is about 30 MB in size, from a ftp server and stores it in a folder, which the user can define.
>
> It works here without problems. But my customer, who has restricted user access on his machine, reports that after downloading the file successfully, he cannot find it in the defined folder. The log field (using libURLSetLogField) shows that the download was successfull. The customer has full access to the folder, he defined as target download folder. He also has full access to the folder, where my app is installed. So that could not be the problem.

Getting into this thread a bit late, but I had something similar
happen, but only under Vista, not XP. However if your user has
restricted access, the same thing might be happening. What happened to
me was that the file could not be saved where my app wanted to save
it, so Vista automatically changed the location of the file, but said
it had saved perfectly. However the file was then not readable as
there was no file at the expected location, so Vista only changed the
path when writing, not when reading.

My solution was to check for Vista and make sure that I was using a
folder that was accessible to all users.

Cheers,
Sarah