how to uniencode text for VCard v. 3.0?

Hugh Senior FlexibleLearning at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 13:10:30 EDT 2008

Hi Klaus,

You don't need to. Just include the appropriate text-encode tag before the
text so unlauts etc will be interpreted correctly. Otherwise the spec says
the parser should default to ascii-safe.

/H

Hi all,

as the subject says, I am trying to export addresses to the VCard
format 3.0.
Lots of german adresses with umlauts etc.!

But whatever I try, I cannot figure out how to encode the strings :-/

I thought that:
put uniencode(fld "vcard","UTF8" into url("binfile:...)
would do the trick, but nada.
Mac "Addressbook" does not want to import them and "TextEdit" does not
show the umlauts,
although I open the files manually and select "Textencoding: Unicode
UTF8" in the open dialog.

Any hints are welcome.
I am on a MacMini Intel.