PNG with No Alpha Channel?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 09:50:38 EDT 2008

Ok, if you look at a 32 bit png in ascii near the start of the file
then you'll spot the bKGD chunk, this defines the background and it
looks like it also contains the alpha value. On a 24 bit png (no
alpha) this value is not present...
The bKGD chunk may not be honoured in all viewers.
I don't know how this change may reflect on the final image but it
might be worth a shot!

Cheers,

Luis.