SPAM-MED: Re: Time to upgrade my technique...

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 13:24:50 EDT 2008

Is there anything INTRINSICALLY wrong with using
fields instead of variables ?

This looks like whether one wants to eat one's dinner
the British way (i.e. with an upside-down fork and cut
it up as you go along) or the North-American way (cut
everything up first and then eat it with the fork).

Admittedly using variable results in quicker programs
than using fields, but surely this is not a
shibboleth?

Teaching kids RR it is easier to use fields because
the kids can see them (i.e. they resemble the cups
with buttons in that I start with); most pre-teens are
not terribly hot with abstract ideas.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson (who loves using fields
as he has an HC self-taught ancestry).

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.