what is the timescale of a player?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Jun 9 07:33:16 EDT 2008

Hi Timo,

the timescale divided by the frames per second gives you the duration of a
frame

a timescale of 600 in a movie with 25 frames per second makes for a duration
of 24 of a single frame (600/25), of course this assumes that all frames are
of equal duration, which is not necessarily so. Especially when you edit a
movie the first and last frames might be shorter. And you can set the
duration of a frame to whatever you like (via applescript) so the frames per
second is an average for all the frames in a movie.

to step from one frame to the next you could do:

on mouseUp
    put the currenttime of player "xyz" into tcurrentTime
    add 24 to tcurrentTime
    set the currenttime of player "xyz" to tcurrentTime
end mouseUp