open new sub-stack with different record from database

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Fri Jun 6 19:54:21 EDT 2008

Hi all,

WINXP
Rev 2.9
MSSQL

How do I build an MDI interface where from a list of records the user can
open multiple instances of a sub-stack with a different record on each
sub-stack?

Current setup:
Main Stack - table list of records from a SQL database.
Sub-stack - reads and displays the selected record.
The table list has a mouseDoubleUp handler:
==========================
global gAccountNumber

on mouseDoubleUp
  set the itemDel to tab
  put item 1 of the selectedText into gAccountNumber
  if gAccountNumber <> "" then
    go stack "Edit Account"
  end if
end mouseDoubleUp
This handler opens the sub-stack. The sub-stack preOpenStack reads the
record and populates the fields for display.

Problem:
If the user double clicks again on a different record on the table list, the
currently opened sub-stack becomes focused with the first opened record
displayed, not the second selected record.
I can't open more than one sub-stack at a time?

TIA,
Mark Stuart