launch URL to get an e-mail with BCC, Subject and Body (was revMail and BCC)

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Jun 2 06:36:58 EDT 2008

Hi,
(Since yesterday I did not receive any message from the list?? I hope
this message will be received)
------

I need to compose e-mail with addresses in BCC. revMail does not allow
that.
Thanks to an answer from Sarah Reicheit I am now trying to use the
mailto protocol in a launch URL command.
(launch URL is now recommanded in 2.9.0 instead of revgourl which
still works but which is deprecated).

In order to fill in the three fields of an e-mail (BCC, Subject and
Body), I was struggling  with (&s, &"&"&, ? etc.)
After hours of trials and errors I succeeded (partly) :

I have three variables :
tWho : contains the list of addresses to be put in the BCC field;
tSubject : contains the subject of the e-mail
tBody : contains the text of the e-mail

Then the following is working
  put "launch URL" && quote & "mailto:?BCC=" & tWho & "&" & "Subject="
& tSubject & "&" & "Body=" & tBody & quote into tCommand
  do tCommand

BUT this is working only if tSubject and tBody do not include any
special characters (including CR; so that tBpdy can't have more than
one line).

Now my problem is with URLencode

I tried  to URLencode tSubject and tBody
Unfortunately, that does not works :
With one line only in tSubject as well as in tBody (and not special
characters), if I URLencode them, I get an e-mail but with the
URLencoded text !

For example I get : "Our+next+meeting+in+Paris" :-((

And furthermore, if tSubject include at leat one accented character
then no e-mail shows up
if tBody includes at least one accented character, or several lines,
then the Body of the e-mail is empty

So, the only case where I get a complete e-mail is when the texts of
tSubject and tBody have only one line each, include not any special
character and are not URLencoded.
Seems I am missing something about URLencode?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Best regards from Grenoble
André