Re insert file type and creator

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 28 23:30:39 EDT 2008

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> semi urgent...
>
> Recent upgrade on the fab photo processing tool DXO got us in trouble
> because it's outputting .tiff files with no resource fork and dropping
> the creator and type on OSX 10.5.4
>
> The  pre-press team is asking me if i can write a widget to poke  TIFF
> and 8BIM back into the type and creator slots of the resource fork...
>
> Anyone know if we can do this in revolution?

You've probably already done this with the AppleScript solution, but for
future reference, you can set a Mac file type using the "filetype"
property. So all you'd need to do is something like this:

set the filetype to "????TIFF"
put url ("binfile:myfile") into url ("binfile:myNewFile")

Just for the record, if you are trying to set a file type on stacks, you
need to use the "stackfiletype" instead.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com