dialogData

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 25 14:04:00 EDT 2008

Mikey wrote:
> Unfortunately I was using it temporarily to pass information from a dialog
> that was closing to the handler that opened it, but the data was clearly
> modified by the engine before it got back to the handler.
>
> According to the docs, the dialogData is what you're supposed to use for
> this kind of operation, but apparently that isn't always the case.

If you are using your own dialog stacks, dialogData is perfectly safe
(though it's a good idea to retrieve the value as soon as possible since
other IDE stacks can alter it.) However, if you are using any of the RR
stacks, there are scripts in those that get and set the dialogData for
use in the IDE. Those scripts will run after yours and alter the value
of the dialogData, which may be what you are seeing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com