AW: How to set the vscroll of a combobox menu by script?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 25 09:20:53 EDT 2008

Re Tiemo,

Le 25 juil. 08 à 15:16, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> Add: Actually it is not the action of setting the button menu, but
> only that
> the right value is shown. The action I have already performed by
> script
> Tiemo
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> still another one before WE, but probably a very basic one:
>>
>> I have a combobox button with some menu items and only one menu
>> item being
>> displayed. Now I would like to select a specific menu item by
>> script and
>> set
>> the vscroll of the button menu to the appropriate value, so that
>> the right
>> menu item is being shown. Actually I know only the menu item value
>> and not
>> the number to select, but I could also live with the menu item
>> number.
>>
>> I tried it with select menuItem 1 of btn "foo" and with
>> "vscroll.?", but
>> without success. Perhaps there is a "send" command to the button?
>>
>> Thank you, Tiemo

As is designed a combo box, you can't preselect any item in the drop
list.
But you can set the menuhistory to <integer> to show the default
value you want.
In addition you can set the menulines property of the button to
specify ho w many lines have to be displayed.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.