time-limiting a trial-version

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jul 24 05:24:32 EDT 2008

Bonjour Nicolas,

There would be a lot to say about protection schemes...
A way to achieve your goal would be to use SSL encryption:
Cipher and decipher routines would be placed in your standalone and
values in a custom property of your stack.
Note that you need Rev Enterprise to access SSL functions.

Le 24 juil. 08 à 11:03, Nicolas Cueto a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have a software package that consists of
> two parts. A standalone, which contains the
> Rev engine and secure information. And a
> stack which the standalone calls up on
> start-up, which holds the brunt of the
> objects and scripts, and which is saved on
> occassion. Both standalone and stack are
> password protected.
>
> I'd like to offer the software package as a
> trial-edition that is limited to a fixed amount
> of days (or times started up). However,
> I can't picture a way of doing this in a way
> that protects against an average user whose
> smart enough to use RunRev to open up
> the stack and peek about under the hood,
> which is doable even if the stack is password
> protected.
>
> Thanks.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.