hang when changing stack height

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sat Jul 12 12:52:20 EDT 2008

Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at ...> writes:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I think you are running into a rare combination of Rev peculiarities.
> Unfortunaly, I don't exactly remember how I solved this problem when I
> stumbled upon it, but I believe that you can still use the lock screen
> command. Locking messages before locking the screen might help (or
> maybe not) and the exact place of the lock screen command in your
> script may have an effect, too. Surely, as you wrote, removing the
> lock screen command altogether is also an option. I wonder whether the
> problem would persist, if you set the editmenus to true.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz

Hi Mark.

I was not able to get it to work using lock screen.   I did get it to
change size correctly by always
ensuring that the player window never goes outside
of the stack boundries while the two sizes are
being increased or decreased.   To hide the changes
for the user I used the hide stack command.  One
issue around this is that I need to get the height and
width of the movie loaded in the player.  However
these are not updated till the stack is shown so I have
to set the filename of the player, show the stack, retrieve
the native movie height and width, hide the stack, resize
the player at a multiple of the movie's native  height then
 the stack accordingly, then show the stack.
The hiding and showing creates a visual
flash but is better than viewing all the contortions as the
 player shifts into its new size.  I am sure there
is an easier way to do this but it seems to work.

Is the problem with lock screen a reported bug?

Martin