[semi OT] Display problem with pdf files uploaded via Rev cgi

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 11 08:31:31 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

Here I am, facing another weird problem...

I have built a js file uploader, with rev cgi on the server side to
parse
the multipart/form-data and save the uploaded file in the right
directory.
After upload, the end user can check what's been uploaded in a webpage
where all uploaded files are listed as links in a <table> object.

Everything works like a charm, except for one silly detail : pdf files
that
have been uploaded with my tool open as text in the browser, while other

pdf files uploaded via a regular ftp client open fine in Acrobat Reader,
and
this happens ONLY in IE6+ on Windows, while any pdf file opens fine in
Acrobat Reader in FF...

Any suggestion on what I could check (and possibly fix) ?

Thanks in adavance,
JB