system date format problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:51:48 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Johan Michaelsen
<johan.orgel at post.tele.dk> wrote:
> Since I updated to Rev Studio 2.9 (mac) I had to alter a lot of scripts
> involving date formats to get them working.
>
> In Denmark we use the date format (dd/mm/yyyy) and until recently I had no
> problems with converting dates.
> Now it seems that when I try to convert to e.g. the abbrev system date, the
> function misses a space.
>
> It should be like "tor 03. jul 2008" but it returns "tor03. jul 2008"
> I've checked my system prefs several times, that I didn't forget the space
> in the system prefs, but it seems that it is Revolution that skips the space
> from the date.
>
> It is also when I convert to long system date, that this occurs.

In 2.9, there were a lot of changes to try and make the system date &
time formats reflect the actual system settings more accurately. It
sounds like there is a problem with your particular date formats,
possibly because there are 2 different separation characters. I
suggest you make a bug report.

Cheers,
Sarah