How broke is the Player?

Hugh Senior FlexibleLearning at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 09:08:32 EDT 2008

Under Windows in Rev 2.9.610...

- Player doesn't handle images.

- Player plays .wmv in a stack but not a standAlone (mc cannot reference
them at all).

- Player is unable to display a controller in non-QT videoClips.

- Player start/stop/pause commands are inconsistenly operational.

- Player callbacks only work when using the controller, but not when
controlling a clip programmatically.

Are all these known issues, is it me, or has the Player been inadvertantly
compromised in the latest release version? I don't recall having these
problems before and cannot find anything in the bug database.

Insights welcomed. The 'functionally-disadvantaged' player object on my
set-up is currently blocking a project.

/H