ScriptLimits (was Re: Rev cgi vs. php)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 31 20:34:15 EST 2008

Terry Judd wrote:
> I guess it's worth noting (again) that Director has no equivalent to
> scriptlimits

No, but they did require that you put their logo on your About box,
which is optional in Rev.   Chipp has expressed strong feelings about
that here, citing it as a reason he stopped using Director.

The About box affects every developer, whereas scriptLimits has so far
required only one developer to contact Kevin for a solution.

Besides, is Lingo flexible enough to build the Director IDE with it?
With my limited understanding of Lingo it doesn't seem the vendor faces
much of a risk.

> and over the years I have taken advantage of this to build a
> number of educational tools that create relatively complex chunks of code on
> the fly. These tools usually involve simulations that require the
> user/student to construct a series of logical statements that will 'control'
> the simulation. While it is possible to 'hard code' all the various options
> creating the code on the fly is usually easier and more elegant.

It would be cool to see that (like Judy and Richard Herz, I'm kind of a
simulation junky).  Is it something that can be downloaded?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal