PDF within a stack?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 31 19:02:07 EST 2008

Recently, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de wrote:

> is it possible to include a PDF within a stackfile on cd under windows?

If you want to embed the PDF data in a stack you could store the PDF as
binary in a custom property.  Something like:

 set the uPDFdata of this stack to url ("binfile:" & pathToOrigPDF)

> I want the user to enter a password, if the password is correct the pdf file
> should either be saved to harddisk or openend. Is this possible?

Once the user is granted access, you write out the PDF data to the drive.
To get the PDF to display within Rev, you will need to use the revBrowser
external (it is also possible to use a player object to display a PDF, but
this method is not without its difficulties).  If the PDF doesn't need to
display within your stack, you could simply launch it once it has been
copied to the drive.

If you want to minimize easy access to the PDF itself, you might be able to
write the file to Rev's temp directory (untested).

 put the tempName into pdfPath
 set itemdel to "/"
 put "private.pdf" into last item of pdfPath
 put the uPDFdata of this stack into url ("binfile:" & pdfPath)

HTH.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director