Japanese Syllabaries stack

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 17:30:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

Download the stack:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Learn_Japanese_Syllabaries_v092.zip

It`s about remembering the Japanese Syllabaries: Hiragana and Katakana.

I have password protected the stack, but it is just many simple pieces, joined
in one package.

This stack shows katakana and hiragana syllabaries in PNG format and animated GIF.

http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Learn_Japanese_Syllabaries_v092.PNG

To start, the student click the button named Start and a Japanese syllabe appears on the screen...

a) if the student knows the answer, clicks on the syllabe name (the yellow buttons) and the
stack answer
the correct name of the syllabe inside a red circle and (optionally) shows
a Feedback message (image and text) on the topleft corner of the stack.

or

b) if the student dont know the answer, clicks on the button named "Answer" and
the stack answer
the correct name of the syllabe inside a red circle. Then, to continue,
the student had to click on the button with displayed syllabe name. This syllabe
is appended at the end of the list of characters.

When the student answer correctly or fails, the result changes the color in the syllabe
button: Originally, the button are light yellow, but when you starts to answer, they
change to one of the following colors:
Score 20 % or less change the button to Red
>From 21 % to 40 % change the button to Orange
>From 41 % to 60 % change the button to Yellow
>From 61 % to 80 % change the button to Green
>From 81 % to 100 % change the button to Blue

Feedback images and text are inside the folder named Feedback. You could change

the text and the images to suit your tastes. Notice, inside the Feeback folder, there are two
folders: POS and NEG and their corresponding text messages: POS.txt and NEG.txt.

Feedback Images should be 150x150 pixels in size, in format JPG, PNG or GIF.

Feedback text is in spanish, but it should be possible to write them in all languages
that a RunRev text field could support, including Japanese.

If some of you have the time and it is possible, i would like to see feedback
text files written in your natice language.

Finally, there is a windows named Preferences, that you display and retract by clicking in the
name Preferences. In this window (actually a background group), you write how many times
to repeat the groups of 5 syllabes. Notice, even if you put zero in all five groups, the syllabes

will be show at least one time. All other options are self-explaining:

Show syllabes in random order
Show animated letters, show a red background over this animation,
Show Feedback text and images, show images in random order.

Show debug messages in message box (only useful on the development environment)

Many thanks in advance, for download and test this stack in your configuration.
Report any problem, (like the Windows 98 display bug...).

I check my email one day a week,
so i will read and reply your advices, reports and
questions next week.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Have a nice weekend!

alejandro