Refresh Table after editing record in another stack - bumped

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Tue Jan 29 15:33:28 EST 2008

Hi All,

On my previous request, I asked a how-to question about refreshing table
lists after editing one of the records (on that list) in another substack.
But no responses.

Is this difficult to do? I just need to understand how one would approach
the scripting to refresh the table list. Please read the 'previous request'
below for more info.

Thanx,
Mark Stuart

Previous request:
I would like to "refresh" a table of data (loaded using the revDataFromQuery
command) that is on a parent stack, after editing a record on another
substack.

The parent stack could possibly be loaded with thousands of records, so I'd
like to not have to call my "on loadTable" stack script again, but just
refesh the record in the table, the user just edited. I use the
revExecuteSQL with UPDATE command to write the record to the table on the
substack, and then close the stack.
After closing the substack, that's when I'd like to refresh the parent
stacks table of data.

Other thoughts about this: There needs to be applied the possible multi-user
environment to this, where more than user maybe editing these records as
well. That's where refreshing the complete list is good.

What's the best approach for this kind of application, editing a record from
a list and refreshing that list after changes?
Any sample applications that someone may have would be appreciated too.