[OT] Validating Email Addresses...

Jim Carwardine jim at oyfconsulting.com
Tue Jan 29 10:27:25 EST 2008

It's of little value, agreed, and would be eliminated if they opt to not do
it, which I would consider a good thing.

The deal is, I give you something you value, you give me something I value,
a business relationship is struck and a small deal is made.

Lying to me and taking my stuff is not the basis of a good relationship.

Perhaps there is a better way of presenting this deal, without using the
word "free"...

My question is still about the best way to legitimize their email address...

on 1/29/08 11:05 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Jim Carwardine wrote:
>
>> ... And I'm asking for some contact information from the downloader (fair
>> trade I feel).  I'm getting a lot of garbage being offered by people who
>> want a look but don't want to give their info.
>>
>> Screening for legitimate email addresses is done on many web sites...
>
> Of what value is contact info given reluctantly?

Jim Carwardine,
President & CEO
OYF Consulting
Ph. 902.823.2339 / 866.601.2339
Fx. 902.823-2139
<www.StrategicDoing.com>

StrategicDoing: Execution depends on employees.
Strategic Partner with HiringSmart Canada Ltd.