Fixed Width Fonts #2

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Mon Jan 28 20:46:22 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Mark Swindell wrote:
>
>> Curious thing, though.  I created a script
>> ( below) which works fine when I run it line by line in the debugger,
>> and _sometimes_ when I run it from a button, and then the next time
>> (s), from the same button, it just chugs along and and returns
>> nothing.  Any ideas?
>
> Well, I tried a couple of things:
>
> 1) I added all font names to a variable list, rather than an actual
> field --
> you should do this to save some speed
>
> 2) I removed the wait you had in your code and got around 5 to 6
> seconds to
> process all the fonts I have loaded here (I have kind of a lot loaded)
>
> 3) I added a lock screen and surprisingly got an instantaneous
> result (less
> than 1 second); I can't say if all the font results are accurate,
> but I
> recognize a number of monospace font names so I assume they are
> correct

Hi Scott,

Thanks again for checking this out.  I was wanting to see the process
unfold in semi-real time to make sure it was happening as it should
before speeding things up, but it wasn't working consistently because
of the field focus issue that Bernd (is that the right spelling?)
pointed out.

Also, thanks Sarah for confirming it should work, and Ken for
figuring out how to make the process really fly.  It seems to work
nicely.

Mark