Localizing menus

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Mon Jan 28 11:55:08 EST 2008

I've got this little freeware app for backing up files from an iPod,
and one of my french users has asked about localizing it.
I've read through the past threads on the list, and I've got a decent
custom property scheme working for all the bits and pieces in the UI.
However, I'm wondering about the menus - this is on OS X.

Take the 'Edit' menu. Setting the label of btn "Edit" to
"Édition" (extracted from my cp set) at start up is no problem, but
then I need to replace the menuItems "Cut, Copy, Paste" with their
localized counterparts, and also respond to the menuPick messages for
each. This seems quote complicated. Has anyone some advice they can
give me?

Also, if anyone has the time, ability and inclination to help with
translating the 20 words and phrases used into any other languages
that would be amazing.

Thanks,

Mark