'the files' and 'the folders' and diacriticals

Kenji Kojima index at kenjikojima.com
Sun Jan 27 21:05:53 EST 2008

Mark,

This is the script  importing Japanese file name of JPEG. It's used
AppleScript. I am not good for AppleScript, I believe you can improve
it. One problem of this script is when you use it many times, the
script has an error. Probably it is an AppleScript bug. I think this
script is not only way of importing image of AppleScript. Anyway you
can use "do asScript as appleScript" or "shell command" on Runrev. We
are hoping that RunRev is improved unicode on version 3.

The script duplicates a temporary English name of Japanese file name
of JPEG by AppleScript. Then import JPEG image from the English name
image file.

----------------------
   put "set afile to choose file " &cr into asScript
   put "set tFilePath to result "&cr after asScript
   put "set aDesk to (path to desktop) as text" \
	 &cr after asScript
   put "tell application "&quote& "Image Events" \
	&quote &cr after asScript
   put "set myImage to open afile" & cr after asScript
   put "save myImage in file (aDesk & "&quote& \
	"tempo.jpg"&quote& ")  as JPEG" &cr after asScript
   put "end tell" &cr after asScript
   put "return tFilePath " after asScript
   do asScript as appleScript
   put the result into tPath
   replace ":" with "/"in tPath
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put item 2 to -2 of  tPath into tFilePath
   put url ("binfile:/" & tFilePath & "/" &"tempo.jpg") \
	into image 1
   if  the result is empty then
     delete file ("/"& tFilePath & "/" &"tempo.jpg")
   else
     answer the result
   end if

Good luck!