Stupid, yes, often; ungrateful no, never!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 23 11:17:29 EST 2008

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> Embarrassed to admit how long I had
> stared at that without seeing it.

It never goes away, so don't feel too bad. It happened to me yesterday.
I did something really dumb, the script didn't work, I spent an hour
debugging, nothing made any sense. Finally I noticed I'd used the wrong
variable in a statement.

That's the reason we can't test our own code, too. We're just too deep
in it. Someone told me once, "All bugs are stupid," and it's true. You
just don't see how stupid they are until you look at them in retrospect.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com