Relaibly detecting a successful save in Windows

Stephen King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 20 13:57:10 EST 2008

Hi Eric

Yes I am aware of this and the first attempt had the test directly after the
save. The delay was put in to see if this cured the problem.
I think you missed the point though. The problem I have is that saving over
a network can take some time, several seconds and it seems that Rev
continues straight after the save command but the result is only updated
with a fail if the save itself times out or hits some other problem. This
can be several seconds later and until this time, the result is empty. By
the time it comes back, Rev is well gone!

I wonder.. not tried this but can the result be set by script before the
save command , then Rev updates with either empty or unsuccessful at the end
of the save. Won't work if Rev modifies the result when the save command is
issued.

Such as:
Set the result to "saving"
Save this stack
Repeat until the result is not "Saving"
End Repeat
Test the result...

Can't test this myself unfortunately as I'm not accessing the PC with Rev on
it..

Cheers
Steve