Look and Learn . . .

Wolfgang Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sun Jan 20 10:54:54 EST 2008

On 20.01.2008, at 11:15, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> WHAT is needed is something with nearly all the
> capabilities of Runtime Revolution with a FRONT-END
> that is fully automated in such a way that a Professor
> of Anatomy (for example) can sit down in front of
> their computer and rapidly, and with no need to learn
> xTalk, Logo, "Bogo" or what-have-you, put together a
> slick and efficient program that does what ever the
> Prof. requires without silly restraints imposed by
> people who think that computers are only used by
> "real" programmers and slide-show freaks: the usual
> problem of the excluded middle.

i mentioned that since years, again and again, unfortunatly without
succes. If some capabiltiies of RR and "the list" would have been
focussed only a bit in that idea, all the discussions about Front-end,
Server, Desktop Apps, Java, Javascript could have been ended...

* Take a (similar) bit simply(ier) GUI of iShell
* make rev stacks/cards exportable as swf file. Correct me if I m (as
a non-scripter) wrong and this is impossible .
*Can the price for swf export be a problem, if Flip Boom for kids can
do that for $39.-?
*If you dont like the Gui of iShell check: scratch  http://scratch.mit.edu/

lg
wolfgang bereuter
(only occasionally reading this list, but hoping sometimes RR wakes
up...)

in kürze: http://www.demel.com
http://www.internettrainer.com
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria