Look and Learn . . .

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 09:47:38 EST 2008

J. Downs wrote:

"can you provide some examples?  What would such a
professor
create?  Or rather, what should he be able to create?
"

Let's continue with my fantasy of the Professor of
Anatomy:

His/Her program could contain various films of the
functioning / non-functioning of the nephron tubules
in the kidneys,

a commentary on how and why the nephron tubules might
behave abnormally; the various types of abnormal
behaviour and so forth,

either in the form of a sound file, a sound file
connected with illustrative slides, or a film,

recommended methods of diagnosis,

how to perform a kidney dissection to display the
structure and function of the nephron tubules, nodes
of Ranvier (and so on) to best effect,

a virtual "lift the flaps book" of the kidney,

a quick test for medical students to check their
knowledge of kidney function,

[even, dare I say it, a short film of the Professor
demonstrating how to prepare devilled kidneys for a
party of slightly inebriated medical students :)]

a whole bunch of stuff about tomography and
slide-preparation

(inc. images of prepared slides),

links to websites relevant to the subject,

obviously an intuitive index page,

the Hyperlinking for which xTalk programs are so
famous (!?!),

and so on.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.