Why not a Wiki? (was Re: docs)

Russell Martin russell_martin at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 16:48:55 EST 2008

I understand exactly what you are talking about. A couple of years ago,
before I bought Revolution, when I was a DreamCard user, I was
experiencing exactly what you described in your full post- namely just
not knowing where to look.

Thankfully, I discovered this list. I usually try and search the list
archives before I post a question- hence I lurk a lot and don't post
much.

However, I still think that an active Wiki produced by the brilliant
minds that always seem to have solutions and share them via this list
would be an amazing resource that would benefit everyone tremendously.

When I lobbied for it in the past, it seemed that the biggest barrier
for most folks was not wanting to learn Wiki syntax in order to be able
to post content.

It seemed like the 2nd biggest barrier was deciding where/how to host
it.

I would love to see it happen, but for the time being it seems like my
list of runrev bookmarks to sites like Sons of Thunder, So Smart
Software, HyperActive, and this list are the best resources. While I
would like to have it all in one place and would like to spend less
time searching the list archives and reading posts, I don't see it
happening anytime soon. Unfortunately.