Reliably confirming a successful file save in Windows

Stephen King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 19 13:53:02 EST 2008

HI Mark

Nothing clever, started with simply "Save this stack.." and test the result,
then added a 5 second wait to see if this helped, but even this is not
reliable in testing the result (certainly not in the case of the trying to
save over a file with read-only attribute set).

case "Save"
    --Insert script for Save menu item here
    Save this stack as "Form.rev"
    -- commented out as not reliable
    --set the visible of field "Saving" on Card "Main" to True
    --wait 5 seconds
    --if the result is not empty then
    --answer "Save Error" with "OK"
    --else
    --answer "Save OK" with "OK"
    --end if
    --set the visible of field "Saving" on Card "Main" to false
    break

I'll have a go at migrating to 2.8.1. I just installed it this afternoon.

Cheers
Steve