window redraw problem

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:56:39 EST 2008

Hello List,

I'm not sure if the subject title captures the problem, but
I'm unable to figure out why images (JPG, PNG & GIF, some
with alpha/index transparencies) which, though at first
displayed correctly, become "misfigured". All I could think
of so far was the buffer and destroy window properties of
the stacks, but that's not working.

By "misfigured" I mean that the images either remain visible
even though supposedly hidden, or they appear in odd places
on the card (which I think is some kind of remnant, since they
disappear when something else is redrawn in the area under
the misplaced image), or they appear in the right place but
scrambled.

I think one cause is the structure of my stacks. There's a
standalone (S), which opens up a stack (A) that consists of a
mainstack (A.1) and two substacks (A.1.2/A.1.3). And that
mainstack (A.1) in turn calls up another stack (B).

Perhaps a description too of the images is necessary?

The images on the mainstack (A.1) are called by "set fileName of",
and those are the images that become scrambled or appear
in wrong places. For example, given a set of grouped images,
one image will appear in the right place (tho scrambled) while
another image of that same group will appear in another part
of the window -- however, there's a script in that misplaced
window, and the script works when I click on the location where
I know the image is supposed to be rather than on the location
where I can see the image is falsely presented.

The images on one of the substacks (A.1.2) are embedded (thru
Rev's "import".), and those are the images which either persist
on the substack even though they're supposed to become hidden
after having been temporarily shown, or which appear in odd places
on the mainstack. once the substack (A.1.2) closes.

The stack that the mainstack calls up (stack B) consists of 50+ small
images that are cloned each time the stack (B) is opened, and layed
out in a grid pattern above/beneath its other larger permanently
embedded images. The source images of the clones are also embedded
in the stack. The misfigurement here is that, where the grid-arranged
small images ought to appear, instead is visible a grid of black,
which,
if clicked on, behaves as expected or not at all.

As I say, I've tried alwaysBuffer and making sure the lockScreens are
set correctly. But, no luck.

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto