importing a bunch of files

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 18 23:19:05 EST 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:51:13 -0800, Randall Lee Reetz wrote:

> Thanks richard.  I would have thnked you off line but this samsung
> blackjack of mine is a minefield of hopelessness... It stuck me here
> so here i am.  Looks like rev does lots of things SC doesnt, what
> about the other way around?

Apart from Richard's post, here's my take on what SC does that Rev
doesn't (yet ;-) :

- SC has more flexibility with manipulating embedded imagedata
(pictureData) than Rev (for example, you can pan, zoom, etc.,
especially now with 'quads'), but Rev lets you address and change
individual pixels/alpha levels of an image.

- IMHO, SC handles "larger-than-the-card" stacks (windows) much more
fluidly than Rev - simply set the backSize of a window to something
larger than the size of the window, and you're done... and scrolling
windows as a window style let you move around this area more easily.
You can do the same things in Rev, it just takes more work and more
steps.

- SC 4.5 added a lot better field manipulation with rulers,
per-paragraph alignment, etc.

 - I think that they're online language guide (SC Help) is better
structured and easier to use, but that's not really SC itself (but I
just thought I'd mention it).

I'm sure there's a handful of other items, but those are my top 3 (or
4) places where SC does things Rev doesn't (or not as easily).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/