A Way to Import PNGs with Recognized Layers?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 17:58:47 EST 2008

I think the '(sort of)' is the problem here...

As far as I can see, the official PNG format doesn't contain layers of
ANY kind <http://www.w3.org/TR/PNG/> so Fireworks must be using some
kind of custom variation on the file format. Certainly I've never seen
anything other than Fireworks that tries to put layers into a file
ending with .png.

Ian