Another Revolution?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Jan 18 17:04:26 EST 2008

As alluring as a solution like this might be in theory, javascript is
very resistant to attempts to high-level language it.

There are too many traps and weirdnesses and browser bugs and
inconsistencies to make this an easy job- presenting an app in a
browser requires getting right into the javascript code and getting
your hands dirty if you want it to to work and be fast enough.

There are several javascript frameworks that help speed up
development- but anyone expert enough in javascript to be able to use
the frameworks, they often choose to just code by hand from scratch.

Kind of like Dreamweaver allowed noobs to create bloated, slow-
font><font></font>"-type crap, but real developers still just type HTML.

Javascript syntax itself is not that hard to learn for an xTalk
programmer, but what you need to know is all the workarounds for IE,
and that's a huge body of knowledge. =)