[off]VMWare vs. Parallels

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Jan 18 15:03:17 EST 2008

More to my point, VMWare is doing deeply hardware kinds of things in software (that is the hint i would drop to the rev development team if i was a hint dropper).  I doubt if it would profit rev to dig this deep into general processing land, but there do seem to be alternative paths (to OS specific run time engines).  Something in this tilestack project really points forward.  Think of a future for OS's where there presentation and interaction layers translate out to a universal format like postscript, flash, or java or some sooped up version of xml or an executable uml.  The OS slaves to a deeper universal.