drag question

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jan 18 05:07:14 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

I put a large image on a card then added some grouped label fields on
top.
First not any mouseDown will be sent to the group when you don't
click on an object in this group: this is normal :-)
Second, I noticed that mouseDown is received when clicking on a field
but the grab command is not executed :-(
Sounds like a bug to me...

Here is a workaround.
In the script of the image:

on mouseDown
   grab me
end mouseDown

And in the group's script:

local lAllowDrag
---------------------------------
on mouseDown
   put the mouseH - the left of img "Artwork" & comma & the mouseV -
the top of img "Artwork" into lAllowDrag
end mouseDown
---------------------------------
on mouseMove x,y
   if lAllowDrag is empty then exit mouseMove
   set the topleft of img "Artwork" to (x - item 1 of lAllowDrag &
comma & y - item 2 of lAllowDrag)
end mouseMove
---------------------------------
on mouseUp
   put empty into lAllowDrag
end mouseUp
---------------------------------
on mouseRelease
   mouseUp
end mouseRelease
---------------------------------
on mouseEnter
   put empty into lAllowDrag
end mouseEnter

Now you can move the image from anywhere.
Hope this helps.

Le 18 janv. 08 à 03:56, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> I have an image that resides below a group and is not part of the
> group.  The group consists of  a collection of fields which have no
> scripts and are not focusable.  In the group script I placed the
> handler:
>
> on mouseDown
> grab image "artwork"
> end mouseDown
>
> This works if don't select directly over a field, and I can adjust
> the position of the  image by dragging it around.    If I click
> over a field it doesn't work.  I'm assuming the mouseDown if being
> trapped by the field.  But shouldn't it be passed along to the
> group script?
>
> I'm not outside the bounds of the image.
>
> Can anyone clarify what is happing here, or suggest another
> approach to being able to move the image around?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.