drag question

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Thu Jan 17 21:56:30 EST 2008

I have an image that resides below a group and is not part of the
group.  The group consists of  a collection of fields which have no
scripts and are not focusable.  In the group script I placed the
handler:

on mouseDown
grab image "artwork"
end mouseDown

This works if don't select directly over a field, and I can adjust
the position of the  image by dragging it around.    If I click over
a field it doesn't work.  I'm assuming the mouseDown if being trapped
by the field.  But shouldn't it be passed along to the group script?

I'm not outside the bounds of the image.

Can anyone clarify what is happing here, or suggest another approach
to being able to move the image around?

Thanks,
Mark