Weird RunRev IDE Problem

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Jan 17 09:54:01 EST 2008

On 17 Jan 2008, at 14:44, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>> I always set the "Variable checking by default" preference on so
>> that  Local's have to be defined. This has been working fine for
>> at least 6  months (when I installed this version on RunRev). Now
>> today, I get an  error on the following code:
>> function TestFunc
>> local myValue
>> put it into myValue
>> return empty
>> end testFunc
>> The problem is that it's complaining that the "it" is not defined!
>
> Is that the full code for that handlers?  Where is the value of
> "it" assigned?

Here's the full code for the function:

--  LibiPodTranslateField
function LibiPodTranslateField theFieldName,theFieldValue
   local myFieldValue

   put theFieldValue into myFieldValue
   switch theFieldName
   case "DateAdded"
   case "ModDate"
   case "PlayedDate"
   case "TrackSkippedDate"
     convert myFieldValue to long date and long time
     put it into myFieldValue

     break

   end switch

   return myFieldValue
end LibiPodTranslateField

After a bit of playing around, I discovered that if I change the code
to use:

     convert 60 to long date and long time

Then it works, if I use:

     convert myFieldValue to long date and long time

Then I get the error. How can I pass a seconds value other than a
literal???

Also, why, after getting the error can I no longer open the prefs
dialog?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave