cancel a wait

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:32:54 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 1:27 AM, Chris Sheffield <cmsheffield at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to cancel a wait command?
>
> So I'm wondering, if a user moves to that second card before the audio
> of the first card finishes, is there some way to cancel that
> wait...with messages? Does that make sense? Let me know if I need to
> clarify.

I just created a quick test stack, two buttons, one with a script to beep,
wait 5 seconds with messages then beep again. The other button with a script
"exit to top". Clicking the second button prevented the second beep from
occurring.

The docs says to use exit to top 'to stop executing the current handler and
suppress pending messages'

Suppress pending messages being what you're looking for I think.

My guess is a well placed 'exit to top' at the very end of a closeCard
handler in your first card might do the trick.

HTH