importing a bunch of files

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jan 16 15:22:16 EST 2008

At 10:18 AM -0800 1/16/2008, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>Thierry wrote:
>
>>>  Of course you have to replace spaces and slashes with some string
>>>that will not break the name of the custom prop into several parts
>>>:-)

>I just ran this test:
>
>on mouseUp
>   put "some/thing" into v1
>   put "some thing" into v2
>   set the uTest[v1] of of this stack to "test"
>   set the uTest[v2] of of this stack to "test"
>end mouseUp
>
>...and it worked well, with "some/thing" and "some thing" appearing
>among the lines of the customKeys of property set uTest, and I can
>also retrieve their values with the same notation.

Quoting the custom property name will also work:

   set the uTest["some\thing"] of this stack to "test"

But I seem to recall Mr. Raney cautioning against naming custom
properties anything that wouldn't be legal for variables, on the
grounds that it may work now but might not work forever. (Of course,
Mark would be the one to ask at this point whether that's still true
- I had the impression that it was a peculiarity of the way custom
properties are parsed, but I don't know whether it might change at
this point. But something to consider...)
--
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto, Transcript Language Curmudgeon
revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com