Many Cards Versus One Card and a List Field

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Wed Jan 16 15:25:18 EST 2008

Ya, this "hint bits" just sounds like a clever indexing/pointing
system... hard to defend any specific case of this as categorically
owned.  This is at base in any fast database incarnation... or it
wouldn't be fast.  You have to play access tricks (stack the deck) or
search algorithms will always scale linearly with data size.

Randall