cancel a wait

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:27:57 EST 2008

Is there any way to cancel a wait command?

I've got a strange thing happening, and I'm just not sure how to get
around it. In the app, the user has the ability to move back and forth
between two certain cards. When the first card opens, some audio
instructions start playing. After starting the player, I have a
wait..with messages command to wait until the audio is done, and then
of course the handler continues after that. If you move to that second
card, the audio of the first card stops playing, and the second card
displays and the audio there starts playing. This all works fine the
first time. Here's the problem. If you go back to the first card
before that wait...with messages finishes, then quickly forward to the
second card again, things start to go wrong, as the wait's start
stacking up or something, and certain things on the second card appear
to not respond correctly, like an animation that plays. And there is
also a field on the second card for entering text that doesn't respond
until the wait's "catch up".

So I'm wondering, if a user moves to that second card before the audio
of the first card finishes, is there some way to cancel that
wait...with messages? Does that make sense? Let me know if I need to
clarify.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.