[TIP] Blank Option button

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jan 16 09:09:33 EST 2008

At 4:35 AM -0500 1/16/2008, FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:
>Here's one for your Scripter's Scrapbook:
>
>How to blank the label of an option btn without resorting to SPACE...
>
>     set the label of btn "MyOptionBtn" to null
>
>So far as I am aware, this is an undocumented feature.

No, it's documented. "null" is a synonym for the null character, ASCII zero.

I'm not sure I'd set a property to null. It may work fine now, but it
strikes me as... dangerous. (cue ominous background music) Nulls are
used to terminate strings in C, and it's possible to have unexpected
results if some Rev routine handles a string containing a null
without escaping it first.

What's the objection to setting it to space?
--
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto, Transcript Language Curmudgeon
revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com