Constructing and calling a handler as "do"

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:44:52 EST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 11:15 AM, Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> Although this does not work for handlers,

Yes, I appreciate all that, and I've definitely done something similar on
many occasions, but what I like about Randall's approach is that it can work
for handlers and custom properties:-) Which brings and added bonus.

My gray matter definitely doesn't work like it use to and I've since found
it very very advantageous to name things exactly the same to avoid confusion
- so a mySQL column might be named the same as a field or custom property;
or fields may contain scripts with the name of the field matching the name
of the handler. mySQL (and probably other dbs) doesn't allow multi-word
column names, plus there are other traps if you use multi-word names in Rev,
like if you forget to quote.

Basically what I like most about Randall's approach is the use of 'item'.
Myself, and clearly others, have successfully used prefixes, char and word,
but have not extended the concept to  'item'.