handler: error in statement

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Tue Jan 15 21:34:37 EST 2008

Hi all,

This error (see subject) happens when I double-click on a table field of
data that has an "on mouseDoubleUp" in it.
The idea of the script is to get the ID value (item 1) and place it into a
global variable.
Then go to a card to edit the record.

Here's the RunRevScript:

on mouseDoubleUp
  set the itemDel to tab
  put item 1 of the selectedText into gRecord
  go card "EditRecord" of stack "names"
end mouseDoubleUp

Anything wrong with this script?
3rd line causes the error.

With some testing, I did the following to get this to break - to cause the
above error:
  Created a New Stack
  placed a button on the card
  created a card named: "EditRecord"
  added a script for the button: "on mouseUp"
   script:
     go card "EditRecord"
That's it, and it works.

As soon as I put this script (go card...) into the table field and use it
there, the above error occurs.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanx,
Mark Stuart